Sign in to follow this  
Eva Keogan

Unconscious bias - Guardian ICM Survey

Andy Milner

As a white man in a cosmopolitan bubble there are a lot of arresting findings in this report..

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 10.34.27.png

Luuk Jacobs

Quite shocking results and indeed as a white male married to a mixed colour spouse, I can relate to some of those. Simply going out for dinner, often the bill is presented to me even if my spouse asked for it or choosing the wine is supposed to be a white mans privilege whereas my spouse being French and grown up with it knows much better than I (again my spouse would have chosen the wine but I a asked to taste it ...... feels like the coloured one might have chosen but the white man knows better so should confirm by tasting). Yes it is prevalent in everyday live and I am not a saint either and have my unconscious biases ..... I do hope that I am being called out on it.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Related Content

• Luuk Jacobs
      By Luuk Jacobs
      https://wersm.com/new-campaign-highlights-soaring-gender-inequality-in-london/

Worth looking at the video in this article. Yes it shows the facts but equally it only confirms what we already know. It would in my view been equally or more powerful to turn the tables and let the men feel what it means to be held back in the climb up ....... maybe then the change would be quicker
    • Andy Milner
      By Andy Milner
      Good to see women recognised in a wide spectrum of roles and companies, and with a concentration within financial services including Charlotte Willis @ Schroders and Sophie Wihlborn @ Fidelity.

TechWomen100 Awards | Winners 2018
      WEARETECHWOMEN.WEARETHECITY.COM WeAreTechWomen is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 TechWomen100 Awards. The winners of these awards showcases remarkable women within the technology sector covering a wide range...  
    • Andy Milner
      By Andy Milner
      As part of the Innovate Finance’s Women in FinTech initiative, we will be hosting the second of our series of four one hour workshops on “Hiring Strong” in association with Equality Group looking at:Interview Success: training, structure and candidate experience.

This session will take place over lunchtime on Thursday 13th December.

Contact us at wif@innovatefinance.com to express your interest in attending this event.

Women in FinTech Workshop: Hiring Strong with Equality Group - Innovate Finance – The Voice of Global FinTech
      WWW.INNOVATEFINANCE.COM As part of the Innovate Finance’s Women in FinTech initiative, we will be hosting the second of our series of four one hour workshops on “Hiring Strong” in association with Equality Group looking at:Interview Success:...  
    • Andy Milner
      By Andy Milner
      Although a US focused list, this is still great to see. From Asset Management:

11 Women Who Are Changing The Face Of Finance
      WWW.FORBES.COM The face of finance is changing. Now, more women are emerging as powerful movers and shakers in the finance industry, potentially taking the “old boys’ club” out of the arena once and for all.  
    • Andy Milner
      By Andy Milner
      A really inspiring panel and interesting discussion about women in technology at the FinTech Connect conference today.

The emphasis on providing role models to girls at a young age and the need for mentoring throughout a career particularly resonated with me.

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. If you continue, we’ll assume you are happy with this. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.