Sign in to follow this  
Andy Milner

The race to be the new head of the ECB..

Andy Milner

I’ve always thought quite highly of Lagarde, so am optimistic this is a good move. 

Become a member to read more and join the discussion

Members can read and contribute to discussions

Apply

Register now for free access.

Create your account

Sign in

Already a member? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
  • Related Content

• Pierre-Yves Rahari
      By Pierre-Yves Rahari
      While Brexit makes most headlines, I would like to point out to one of the unsung heroes of our industry, the Capital Market Union (CMU), which is Europe's ambitious project to, well, create a capital market befitting a 500M-citizens-strong continent. Quite ambitious, right? Well, the European Commission announces today the implementation of a legislation aimed at bringing down the barriers for distribution, and encouraging cross-border distribution of Investment Funds across the continent. Game-changing. This is a wonderful example of creation of opportunity. Furthermore, I find it impressive to see how quietly but surely the Europeans are building their future behemoth market. Brexit seems almost a distraction in comparison to this ambitious and generous vision. I like that.

Are there other "unsung heroes" in our industry that deserve to make the headlines?

For reference, here is a line on the Commission's press release ...

New legislative proposals on facilitating cross-border distribution of investment funds
      EC.EUROPA.EU The new measures aim at fixing existing shortcomings and boosting the single market for investment funds  
      And here is a link to the main page of the CMU on the Commission's website ...

Capital markets union - Consilium
      WWW.CONSILIUM.EUROPA.EU The capital markets union is an EU initiative which aims to deepen and further integrate the capital markets of the 28 EU member states.  
      By Guest
      What does this mean for the stability of Teresa May's Brexit plans?
    • Luuk Jacobs
      By Luuk Jacobs
      No the agreement has not been published yet but do you think the Chequers agreement will be sufficient to get a Brexit agreement with the EU ?

Debug info for admin:
appforums
moduleforums
controllertopic
topics/forum ID230
page ID
PHP user agentCCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. If you continue, we’ll assume you are happy with this. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.