Sign in to follow this  
Pierre-Yves Rahari

ESMA and FCA agreement: At long last ...

Become a member to read more and join the discussion

Members can read and contribute to discussions

Join us

Register now for free access.

Create your account

Sign in

Already a member? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Share this  
  • Related Content

• Luuk Jacobs
      By Luuk Jacobs
      The FCA published last week it's Research Agenda for 2019 (2019 fca-research-agenda.pdf). Their focus will be on
      household finance and consumer behaviour
      household finance and consumer behaviour securities markets: microstructure, integrity and stability competition, innovation, and firm behaviour and culture technology, big data, and artificial intelligence regulatory efficiency and effectiveness  
      The 3rd objective seems to bring the discussion previously focussed on pricing in general to the more sophisticated pricing which increasingly uses technology and big data to set prices, and often use predictive analytics to personalise prices. 

The 4th objective aims to better understand how the developments in technology, big data, and artificial intelligence are shifting market economics, the resulting benefits and harms and implications for regulation.

All this with the aim to ensure that their regulatory interventions achieve their objectives of making efficient use of their and industry’s resources. From an external perspective, they want to achieve a regulatory regime that promotes and supports effective financial markets while minimising their costs to society.

I am looking forward to their research outcomes and the future regulations that is designed on the back of it
    • Colin Ng
      By Colin Ng
      With all the tension and political noise....bit of Brexit humour to lighten the mood :-)

France's Europe minister Nathalie Loiseau has called her cat Brexit
      WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK France’s Europe minister Nathalie Loiseau has told how she calls her cat Brexit as he is “unsure whether he wants to go out or not” when the door is open. “He wakes me up miaowing like mad because he  
    • Luuk Jacobs
      By Luuk Jacobs
      The CSSF says existing Luxembourg-based companies “wishing to receive additional licences or substantially changing operational models to cope with Brexit-related aspects” should speed up their Brexit planning and “submit their applications […] as soon as possible”.
      I am surprised that there are still companies that need to be reminded of this. Independent if you believe that Brexit will happen and if it will be a hard or soft Brexit, I would have thought any company by now would have done their risk assessment and would have put its plans in place ? 
    • Andy Milner
      By Andy Milner
      Although hopefully this won't come to pass, I'm sure there are many of us who already have travel planned post the end of March so this is probably worth a glance.

In summary:
      Passports - make sure yours isn't about to expire 😕 Driving - this is going to be a pain.. 😩 Roaming charges - unlikely to be impacted in the short term 😌 Health insurance - should be fine if you have a private/company policy 😒 Visas - shouldn't be an issue immediately at least 🙃  
      No-deal Brexit: Five things for business travellers to consider - Personnel Today
      WWW.PERSONNELTODAY.COM Businesses whose staff travel to the EU need to be making no-deal Brexit preparations. So what do they need to do to avoid difficulties travelling to Europe after 29 March?  
Debug info for admin:
appforums
moduleforums
controllertopic
topics/forum ID144
page ID
PHP user agentCCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. If you continue, we’ll assume you are happy with this. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.