At the EmTech Futures event in a rainy Spitalfields this morning, Velocity officially announced its new cohort of FinTechs for its next 6 month accelerator programme.
Like the first cohort, these companies have a heavy leaning towards Big Data and AI, but it's interesting to see companies such as Qwil, which is billing itself as a compliant and secure WhatsApp for companies to communicate with their partners and customers, and BlueFire AI which pitched an interesting product which parses Mandarin content on financial news sources and social media as a complement to Chinese market data.
Here's the full list:
- BlueFire AI - delivering revenue generating Signals for the Capital Markets Industry
- Cube - an AI-driven RegTech
- Qwil Messenger - a safe and compliant client chat for business
- HubX - a white label solution for Advisors to execute and distribute private deals
- Axe Trading -a modern Fixed Income eTrading technology
Velocity was launched last year by the Investment Association and with its board representing a number of leading Asset Managers, it's an optimistic sign that the industry is starting to take the rise of FinTech more seriously.